WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?
The power of “I AM” – What FOLLOWS those two words will determine & shape the rest of your life.
THE I AM’S WILL DETERMINE IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL OR IF YOU FAIL.
WHAT FOLLOWS THE I AM – WILL HAVE POWER & PERMISSION IN YOUR LIFE.
In the bible, Jesus asks the disciples, “WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?”
First, this scripture talks about where they are… why?
- I Think because based on who we are around, what we are around, & the season of our life – we see God differently at times. Our view of God should not change based on where or who we are around…
Jesus went to the area of Caesarea Philippi. There he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist. Others say Elijah. Still others say Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah. You are the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon, son of Jonah! No mere human showed this to you. My Father in heaven showed it to you. Here is what I tell you. You are Peter. On this rock I will build my church. The gates of hell will not be strong enough to destroy it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. What you lock on earth will be locked in heaven. What you unlock on earth will be unlocked in heaven.” Then Jesus ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.
EVERYTHING YOU ARE | EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO | & EVERYTHING THAT IS POSSIBLE – IS DETERMINED BY WHO YOU SAY GOD IS.
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN KNOWING ABOUT SOMEONE – & KNOWING SOMEONE PERSONALLY!
PSALMS 139: 13-14
You created the deepest parts of my being. You put me together inside my mother’s body. How you made me is amazing and wonderful. I praise you for that. What you have done is wonderful. I know that very well.
WHEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT “I AM’S” YOU INVITE THE RIGHT THINGS INTO YOUR LIFE!
Your words are so powerful that they will kill or give life.
We have enough against us, why be against yourself?!?
When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn’t do but on what God said he would do.
- We need to stop talking about our life in terms of what we cannot do, but in the realm of what is POSSIBLE with God!
SOME OF YOU HAVE ALLOWED OTHER OPINIONS OF WHO YOU ARE TO DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!
ONLY GOD DETERMINES YOUR DESTINY. NO PERSON CAN DO THAT! SO, STOP LETTING THEM!
The enemy doesn’t want you to know the truth, he wants you to stay down & feel inferior.
- If you realize who you are, the enemy knows that you have the power to defeat him. The devil fears you. You have the POWER of God inside of you.
Don’t let the wrong I AM become your reality.
THE WRONG “I AM” CAN KEEP YOU FROM YOUR DESTINY…
1. DON’T WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO REACH OUT TO JESUS.
The right time is right now!
2. DON’T GIVE UP THE ETERNAL FOR THE TEMPORARY
Beggars beg – but this man is focused on his healing, not money.
3. KNOW WHY YOU ARE REACHING OUT TO JESUS.
There are things that you can only have when you know Jesus.
- Jesus asks the man, “what do you want me to do for you?” – this is because we must know what we want from Jesus no matter how obvious it is to others.
The beggar could have said, money…
WE MUST KNOW WHAT WE WANT WHEN COMING TO JESUS!
The man didn’t just get his miracle, He followed Jesus. His first act after he could see was that – HE FOLLOWED JESUS!